Birla.A1 Premium Cement helps
future proof your walls and roof
PALETTE OF HAPPINESS
If walls could speak, it would have very interesting stories about people living within it. The walls of your homes literally scream out your persona to anyone entering your home. It defines you, it soothes you. It tucks away cherished memories. The colours with which to paint one’s homes has always been a source of major pondering and massive fights between family members. It is almost a reflection of your thoughts and presents a scope to strangers to gauge your thought process as well as likes and dislikes. While a vast array of colours allow for various combinations and playing with the palette, the occasional wrong turn of the wheel can look disastrous and have a negative effect on your mood.
In this article we will discuss the various mistakes that people make, often inadvertently and end up making their home walls look rather like an advertisement banner than projections of their selves.
- PICKING THE COLOUR FIRST
- One of the commonest mistakes is to pick the colour first. It is almost like asking your room to adjust itself to your choice of colour and not vice versa. The results can be heart breaking. What is wise is to plan the room first and then pick colours to complement the room. It gives you more liberty to consider various options and not just restrict the room structuring keeping in mind the shades.
- PICKING TOO BRIGHT SHADES
- Too bright hues often end up with the wall looking drab and pale. Even though no one fancies loud fluorescents, yet too saturated a shade may end up giving your bedroom the look of a hospital ward. Opt for softer yet solid colours that enhance the mood and make a play of the natural elements of the room.
- DON’T PAINT ROOMS SEPARATELY, PAINT THE HOME
- Picking shades that complement a particular room but is completely different from the rest of the house is a big no-no! Colour transitioning from room to room is an important aspect of painting your home.
- DON’T TRY TO STAND OUT BY IGNORING TRENDS
- As much as we all want to hog the limelight for being innovative, it is not a very wise idea to deviate starkly from ongoing trends. If people are following a trend, there must be something to it! A neon green wall is not just unique; it is also an eye sore when used in the study. Consult and improvise, is the mantra.
- Colour coordination is one thing, having a sofa, a recliner, curtains as well as your wall in the shocking shades of magenta is another. While you would like to have the walls, furniture and linen augmenting each other, avoid picking the same shades or various hues of the same tone. Experiment with contrasts and watch the magic unfold.
These simple tricks can ensure a stunning yet soothing home that is the envy of all who visit. Stick to neutrals and contrasts and you won’t go wrong. Let your